Former National Congress
The building of the former National Congress of Chile was the headquarters that housed the two chambers of the National Congress from 1876 until 1973. It was declared a National Monument in 1976. Has a neoclassical structure inspired by the French period.
The land where it is built belonged to the Jesuits.
It is one of the most representative symbols of democratic life in the country and was the seat of the National Congress until 11 September 1973. Since 1990 And till 2005 the Ministry of Foreign Affairs worked there. Currently hosts the headquarters of Santiago de la Cámara de Diputados and the Senate, in addition to the Library of Congress.