Church of San Agustín
Catholic church of the Order of St. Augustine located in the historic center and declared a National Monument in 1981.
Inside is the first image of Christ carved the country, the "Lord of the Agony" better known as Christ of May, name that this figure carries after the earthquake of the year 1647. The church collapsed almost entirely except for the wall that held this Christ and the crown of thorns went down to his neck.
Each 13 of May, the Christ is taken in procession to the Plaza de Armas, as happened the morning after that seventeenth-century earthquake that killed 1.000 people, a quarter of the population of Santiago.